We have already developed our application and now we want to move it to production. Here, I am mentioning checklist for moving our app to production. There are plenty of resources are available so we will not go in depth and recreating stuff that is already created. These are just checklist. I have also mentioned good reference for each point. I will be reachable through email if you have any questions. You can also drop your message by clicking green chat icon bottom-right most corner.
- Create one EC2 instance ref: http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/EC2_GetStarted.html
- Install RVM or rbenv ref: https://rvm.io/rvm/install
- Install ruby 2.3.1: rvm install 2.3.1
- Install GIT: sudo apt-get install git
- Install Bundler: gem install bundle
- Install Rails https://gorails.com/setup/ubuntu/14.04
- Install NodeJS ref: above link
- Clone your repo
- RAILS_ENV=production bundle install
- Create one RDS instance of Postgres ref: http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonRDS/latest/UserGuide/CHAP_GettingStarted.CreatingConnecting.PostgreSQL.html
- Update Database.yml and build your production Database
- Update security groups on EC2
- Setup Puma https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-deploy-a-rails-app-with-puma-and-nginx-on-ubuntu-14-04
- Setup Nginx
Apexit is technical articles series in which I will took one real world problem, will develop code for it together and share the source code with other people.